MJSO Official Contest Entry Rules
My Joint Stay on 1000 “Who Rock’s It The Best” Contest
OFFICIAL RULESNO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEE YOUR PHOTO WITH THE MJSO1000 BRAND APPAREL IN THE PHOTO. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- PROMOTION ENTRY: The MJSO1000 contest (the “Contest”) begins at 11:59:59 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET June 30, 2017; the winner select will be announced at 11:59:59 p.m. ET July 4, 2017. The Sponsor’s (as defined below) computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. There will be one (1) winner selected from the total amount of likes on Instagram.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the date of entry. It is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement as of the entry to be allowed to participate in the Contest and in no situation shall anyone under the age of fifteen (15) be permitted to enter any contest at any time, under any circumstances. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest entry period, submit your entry by visiting http://www.mjso1000.com, click on “Who Rock’s It The Best”, and follow the required information in the online entry form.
Entries limited to one (1) entry per person per Contest Entry. Multiple participants are not allowed to use the same email address. Any attempt by a participant to acquire more than the stated number of entries by using numerous email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Should multiple users of the same email account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the participant the authorized account holder of said email account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the participant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or mobile phone number by an internet access provided, online service provided, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Contest winner will be selected from online entries with the most likes off Instagram once the photo is approved, the participant will be required to follow, like and share on MJSO1000 Facebook & Instagram. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
- PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) potential winner will be selected by total “Likes” from your friends and family off MJSO1000 Instagram page, eligible entries received by 11:59:59 pm ET on the end date July 4, 2017 of the applicable drawing set. Register on the website http://www.mjso1000.com then post your BEST appropriate photo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, which we would be happy to see your photo with the MJSO1000 brand apparel in the photo and share in “Who Rock’s It the Best” contest with you rocking the gear.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decisions of the Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Official Rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential winner and/or finalists must be available to participate in any portion of the Contest required by Sponsor to be considered eligible.
Potential winner is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility. If a participant is unable to verify his/her information, the participant will automatically be disqualified and his/her prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves at its sole discretion the right to not award the prize or to determine an alternate winner or finalist (if applicable) in accordance with the Official Rules in the event that any winner or finalist has been disqualified, cannot be contacted or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable contest event.
The potential winner will be notified by telephone, and/or email provided at registration on or about three (3) weekdays after winner selection and will be given five (5) calendar days to confirm receipt of notification. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a telephone call or sending of an email or any other form of communication Sponsor may use to contact a potential winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, and/or telephone number of participants. The Sponsor is not obligated to leave a voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion and if time permits if the participant selected has not responded in three (3) weekdays.
The potential winner may be referred to herein individually as “Winner”.
- PRIZES: Five (5) prizes; consists of one (1) a night stay in a suite at the Gaylord which sleeps four (4); Dinner at Ruth’s Chris; A night of fun at the MGM Resort; Cash of Five Hundred ($500) Dollars; Enjoy a ride in a Maybach from the start of the night to return back at the end of the night.
Winner selected outside of the District of Columbia will be responsible for there your own travel to and from the District of Columbia. Please provide your itinerary within forty-eight hours (48) upon being selected and notified you are a winner via email. Travel must take place on July 15, 2017. Any other dates are not valid. If a Winner is unavailable for travel on the designated date, the Winner will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to select another Winner in its sole discretion and if time permits. Exact travel dates and arrangements may be subject to availability whether specified or not. Any difference between the estimate value of the prize and the actual value will not be awarded to a Winner. If actual value of the prize is less than stated, or the Winner and/or, if applicable, his/her guest(s) forfeit, do not use or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the Winner will not receive the difference between, and such difference will be forfeited. Winner responsible for all necessary travel authorizations such as passports, visas, and/or government identification. Prize fulfillment may be coordinated with a Winner by a third party on behalf of Contest Entities. Once scheduled, the Prizes must be taken on the date and time arranged by Sponsor or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The prizes are awarded if properly claimed according to the Official Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. The Contest Entities do not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitations, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other cost and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Winners. A prize may not be sold, traded or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and value of any prize awarded to a Winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided in the Official Rules. The Winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be award. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be file with the IRS.
- CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Official Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the Official Rules or the Contest and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide Winners come forward seeking to claim the prize, an alternate participant may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sponsor further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, in its sole judgement, the Official Rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest Official Rules at any time; and/or (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Contest Official Rules will be posted on website, when practical. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If, due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor, any segment of the Contest is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgement upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed with sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Void outside the United States, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These Official Rules are designed to be fair and equal to all participants. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Any winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, amend the Official Rules, or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Contest prizes. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-post expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgements, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket cost incurred, excluding attorney’s fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon participant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
- JURISDICITION: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Maryland without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 7 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgement on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Maryland, in the City of National Harbor.
- RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this content (e.g. photo, video, text, etc.), you understand and agree that MJSO1000, anyone acting on behalf of MJSO1000, and MJSO1000’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of MJSO1000. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party. You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MJSO1000 from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which MJSO1000 may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- SPONSOR: My Joints Stay on 1000, LLC 9201 Apollo Dr., Upper Marlboro, MD 20774